Gwadar Development Authority
January 5, 2022
Gwadar to become a:
Viable and Vibrant, Transit and
Transshipment Port, and Excellent
Recreational City and a Bustling
To manage a planned growth of
the city with an effective road access
network, environmental and investors
friendly process and supportive social
With start of work on port in March 2002, it was expected that there will be a massive growth in the town. In order to plan/regulate this growth, Gwadar Master Plan was introduced.
Gwadar Development Authority was established in October 2003 to improve/Implement the Master Plan, which initially suggested only the land use. After the establishment of the Authority, Internal Road Network, Land Zoning and Vision for future Gwadar was Developed / finalized.
|10000||Acres||Industrial + Ware Housing|
Desalination Plant, New International Air port, Railway Linkage, Multiple access to port and various urban facilities.Other incentives in Gwadar Master Plan includes: Economic Free Zone Subsidized Electricity 5 roads connecting Gwadar with rest of the country/Afghanistan, China and India, Secondary access to all Central Asian Countries.
G.D.A. is a statutory body. The Chief Minister Balochistan is the Chairman of the Governing Body of the G.D.A. the other members are:
- Chief Minister, Chairman.
- Chief Secretary.
- Additional Chief Secretary, P&DD GOB.
- The Secretary, Finance, GOB.
- The Secretary, Ministry of Railways or Representative.
- The Secretary, Ministry of Communication or Representative.
- Director General, GDA.
- The Chairman, Gwadar Port Authority.
- Member National Assembly from the Area.
- Member Provincial Assembly from the Area.
- Minister, GDA.
- Mr. Ahmed Bakhsh Lehri, Life Time Member.
|The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of G.D.A, and a member of G.D.A. Governing Body.|